Dr. Laurel Morello is committed to improving your smile, health and quality of life through high-quality dental care. Dr. Morello has completed advanced training in treating airway and sleep breathing disorders, cosmetic dentistry, and TMJ therapy, and you can rely on her to work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your needs. We invite you to call our office to schedule your consultation and learn more about comprehensive dentistry in El Cajon, California!
Welcome Back!! We are OPEN for all procedures starting June 1.
Greetings to you All,
Whether you are a patient of record or are interested in joining our practice this letter is for YOU!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Please take the time to read this letter in its entirety. See the website: LaurelMorelloDDS.com for an abbreviated checklist for your next appointment. Just click on the COVID-19 Release tag.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
For those of you who appreciate details here are several upgrades we have achieved:
We have installed an HVAC filtration system recommendation that cycles the air every 5 minutes while applying UV and ionization disinfection throughout the system components and office. (RGF’s HALO-LED induct air). I encourage you to look this up and listen to the details of the system’s abilities to cleanse the air of viruses and other detrimental particles.
In addition, each operatory will have a portable UV/ozone filter that kills viruses to a 99.9% accuracy which will be run in the operatories between patients.
High volume suction/evacuation has been found to be a most critical component for removal of aerosol and splatter in the dental environment. To augment even further to our one low volume/one high volume system in each operatory we now have 2 high volume portals for inside and outside the mouth suction. Upgrading the system from a 4 operatory system to a 7 operatory system ensures the highest efficiency even when all 4 rooms are being used. We continue to use dental rubber dam for almost all procedures which has been our gold standard for 40 years. This isolates the tooth from the rest of the oral cavity dramatically reducing the exchange of harmful aerosol from the mouth into the air.
Office of Dr. Laurel Morello: A Quick Checklist
Prior to your appointment:
- Return COVID-19 release consent form digitally. To get this form, see website or call our office.
- Return supplemental health history form digitally
- Paperwork is not permitted to be collected in the office
- Please bring a jacket or sweater to keep warm
- Please call the office upon arrival at 619-444-4083
- A team member will ask you about any COVID-19 related symptoms and recent travel prior to entry.
- A team member will then call or text you when your treatment area is ready.
- Face mask or facial covering is required.
- A contactless temperature check will be taken prior on entry.
- Upon entry, you must sanitize your hands with the provided hand sanitizer or wash with soap and water.
- You will be directed to rinse your mouth with our anti-viral IoTech mouth rinse prior to being seated.
- From making necessary payments to scheduling your next visit, one of our team members will call you and take care of most everything over the phone.
- While in the operatory, you will have the opportunity to make your next appointment.
We thank you so much for your patience and understanding while we all adjust to the constantly changing world around us. We have committed to doing our best to protect you and our team as we continue your orthodontic care. Please call if you have any questions or concerns.