We are OPEN for all procedures starting June 1.
Greetings to you All,
Whether you are a patient of record or are interested in joining our practice this letter is for YOU!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Please take the time to read this letter in its entirety. See the website: LaurelMorelloDDS.com for an abbreviated checklist for your next appointment. Just click on the COVID-19 Release tag.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
For those of you who appreciate details here are several upgrades we have achieved:
We have installed an HVAC filtration system recommendation that cycles the air every 5 minutes while applying UV and ionization disinfection throughout the system components and office. (RGF’s HALO-LED induct air). I encourage you to look this up and listen to the details of the system’s abilities to cleanse the air of viruses and other detrimental particles.
In addition, each operatory will have a portable UV/ozone filter that kills viruses to a 99.9% accuracy which will be run in the operatories between patients.
High volume suction/evacuation has been found to be a most critical component for removal of aerosol and splatter in the dental environment. To augment even further to our one low volume/one high volume system in each operatory we now have 2 high volume portals for inside and outside the mouth suction. Upgrading the system from a 4 operatory system to a 7 operatory system ensures the highest efficiency even when all 4 rooms are being used. We continue to use dental rubber dam for almost all procedures which has been our gold standard for 40 years. This isolates the tooth from the rest of the oral cavity dramatically reducing the exchange of harmful aerosol from the mouth into the air.
Other changes you may see when it is time for your next appointment include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at the office. These forms are also available on our website. These answers will determine your eligibility for treatment.
- Temperatures are required when scheduling and at the time of the appointment. We offer temperatures at a distance with our infrared thermometers soon and currently with a forehead application. This will be required at EVERY appointment to assure no fever is present that may be associated with COVID-19.
- We have hand sanitizer we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Or we will have you wash your hands with antibacterial soap and water. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will be sanitizing handles and doorknobs in public areas as patients move through.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, pamphlets and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Please come on your own only and let us know if you have a situation that requires assistance.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. Initially, in most cases, we will have you wait in your cars until called. Please wear your mask into the office.
- We are equipped with CDC/FDA approved KN95 N95 masks and approved Level 3 masks fitted frame combo. Also, we will be wearing Face shields for your protection and ours. No more complimenting all the cool hairdos as we may don colorful head coverings and gowns.
We won’t be able to supply our cozy blankets so be sure to bring one along or a sweater as the air flow has cooled the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 619-444-4083 or visit our website at laurelmorellodds.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. Virtual hugs ahead!
Dr. Laurel and Team Morello